A couple of weeks ago I started a Ketogenic diet! A ketogenic diet is a low carb high fat diet. It causes the body to produce ketones in the liver that are then used as energy rather than glucose. It literally turns your body into a fat burning machine! It’s pretty awesome! As I’ve been eating this way, I’ve noticed so many other amazing things that have been happening as well!
This diet has so many great benefits!
- Weight-loss: As your body turns to fat burning for energy, you start losing weight.
- Controlled Blood Sugar: Less sugar you eat, less your blood sugar levels will spike!
- Lowered Blood Pressure: The keto diet is really good for lowering blood pressure naturally!
- Improved Mental Focus: Being able to break out of that mental fog you have from eating too many carbs is pretty awesome!
- Increased Energy: Having natural energy from eating healthfully is by far the best way to go!
- Clear Skin: As you clean up your diet, you face also begins to clear up!
- Lowers Hunger: Your appetite Goes down while your body produces the ketones for energy! It’s a good side effect for anyone who struggles with over-eating.
- Better Sleep: I have had a much better night’s sleep since starting this diet! And I know others have as well! It’s a pretty common advantage!
- Better Gut Health: If you have any tummy problems or digestion problems, giving keto a try could be beneficial. It has helped me so much!
- Mood Stabilizer: Emotionally I have felt so much more in control! I haven’t had any major mood swings and that is pretty amazing!
Have you tried the keto diet? What benefits have you experienced?
Here are a few more links for more in-depth info on the keto diet!
- Authority Nutrition -keto Diet 101
- Factor 75 – Includes ketogenic food pyramid
- Low Carb Alpha – They have quite a few links that are helpful