I did a 3 day social media detox and this is what happened….
A couple of months ago I did a social media detox. I decided to share what happened!
- I had more time. I didn’t realize just how much time I spent on social media…. It’s a lot.
- More time means more quality family time! And that is always something you can never get enough of
- I felt less stress. It amazed me how much stress is caused by social media. I find myself comparing everything I do to everyone else, and that is stressful!
- I got better sleep. I don’t usually get on my phone while in bed, but the lack of phone time helped me fall asleep faster and have a better nights sleep!
- I exercised more. With all the extra time ( yes, it was a lot of time. And it’s embarrassing) I had time to exercise!
Other Helpful posts about the benefits of using less social media:
- 4 Science-Backed Reasons To Take A Break From Social Media
- How 30 Days Without Social Media Changed My Life
- 7 Important Reasons to Unplug and Find Space
My Take away
Ill be realistic and say, I don’t plan on totally cutting out all social media, but I will be using a lot less!
I used an app to asses and regulate my phone usage: Quality Time
Have you done a social media detox? How did it change your everyday life?